1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

4X12 CABINETS?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by RUDEONTOUR, Mar 10, 2008.

1. RUDEONTOUR

RUDEONTOUR

Mar 29, 2007
    phoenix,AZ
    What companies currently have 4x12 bass cabinets available? I love my Madison 4x12, but they are no longer available and I want to get a second 4x12.

2. Mesa and Aguilar are the only two that come to mind.

3. Mesa man, warm and punchy as hell. I would get one but they are way to big for my car!

4. bassermaniac

bassermaniac

Jun 30, 2007
    ebs 4x12

5. andrewd

andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    Schroeder and Aguilar come to mind.

6. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Peavey. Don't know if it's still in their line, but some guys I jam with occasionally have a bass set up that's SVT-CL on top of a Peavey 412. It's not what I'd have, but it sounds pretty good. ( note to self: must use ear plugs when I play with them again)

7. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    Marshall

8. id definitly go mesa or aggy

9. TheJoSko

TheJoSko

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    I dig the GK neo 412

10. torkelboy

torkelboy

Feb 24, 2008

+1....

it's a monster. anyone who has'nt heard the sound of a EBS 4x12 along with the FAFNER has missed out on something, IMO!

I do not own one, wish i did.

11. This showed up at my front door 2 weeks ago. Most awesome sounding rig Ive ever had. Cab's got tons of body and punch for days. I believe I made the right choice with the Aggie.

RigOfDeath065.

12. Again with the 412's:
    ebay007. They are for sale in the classifides.

13. Ive got a good deal on an aggie 412 across in the UK but damn Id call for an all mesa set up! Nightsblood, how is that aggie compared to other cabs you have used drop me a pm mate.

14. main_sale

main_sale

Apr 26, 2004
    Cape Cod
    Once upon a time I thought I wanted a 412 cabinet as well. But then I realized I had to move it around myself. So, I went in a different direction and got a pair of G-B NeoX 212T's and I'm very glad that I did!

15. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    The Aggie GS412 is the easiest cab to move around I've ever owned. It's a hair over 100lbs, I never have to lift it as it's tall enough to just kind of tilt where I need it to go, and it fits easily in my car, which is a tiny Mazda Protege5.

It also sounds grrrrrrrrrrrrrreat.

The only issue I have with it is that the casters keep blowing up on me. :(

16. Jeff A

Jeff A

Oct 22, 2005
    CT
    +1000
    The form factor of the GS412 is superb. Tall, perfectly balanced when leaned back, etc. This is my go to cab for those reasons. For me, the form factor is what separates this cab from other 4X12 cabs and even every other cab I have used/moved. BTW, I use to throw mine in the backseat of a 2000 Mustang.

I thought our roads and parking lots were beat up. Yours must be worse. :eek:

The largest cab in the picture below is also the easiest cab for me to move by a wide margin. I also have a number of smaller cabs that are not pictured that are a pain to move, so I rarely use them.

100_0270.

17. Jeff, what type of contraption is holding your jazz to the 412? Or is it holding to the rack?

18. I saw some things on ebay a few days ago that were like long pieces of metal with a guitar hanger on the back, meant for hanging your bass off your 810.

19. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    Wow, you've got some skills.