Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

4x12 cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lawndart, Nov 16, 2003.

1. lawndart

lawndart

Oct 4, 2003
    Northern NJ
    Has any one tried out the SWR 12 Stack? Im looking for a new cab....getting sick of the Hartke 1x15. Or even the Aguilar 4x12. I havent been able to find a shop in my area that carries these....mostly Ampeg and GK cabs....just want to try something a little different. Anyone in the NYC area know of a place.

2. lawndart

lawndart

Oct 4, 2003
    Northern NJ
    anyone, anyone......

3. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Nope, I haven't. My guess is it won't be that easy to find as it's a cabinet with limited appeal.

Perhaps you could contact SWR and see if they'll tell you if any of their dealers in your area have purchased one from them...

4. lawndart

lawndart

Oct 4, 2003
    Northern NJ
    you could be on to something.....thank you. calls will be made this week.

5. jawzzz

jawzzz

May 23, 2003
    Denver Colorado
  6. lawndart

lawndart

Oct 4, 2003
    Northern NJ
    cool thanks.....im checkin the site now.

7. g4string

g4string Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    SWR's reputation for 12" speaker cabs on this board is not a good one. I think the Aguilar would be a better choice. It might be a couple of extra bills than the SWR, but it will well worth it. Do a search here at TB about the GS412. I think you will see what I'm talking about. I think they are about $1000 USD at Bass Central.

Otherwise try a pair of Aguilar GS112's. They do the trick for me. Portable, light weight, cost-effient little speakers they are. If you wanna lug around a 412, thats your deal. I think a pair 112's would be easier on the wallet and the back.

Also, Aguilar is NYC. I do not remember which burough. Try this:

www.aguilaramp.com

8. chunkstyle

chunkstyle

Nov 14, 2003
    NOLA
    eden makes an awesome 2x12 cab. its the xlt model... that's the only version they make, i think. serious thickness.

9. lawndart

lawndart

Oct 4, 2003
    Northern NJ
    thanks for all the input, Im going to look into the Aguilars.....Im off thursday....may go into the city and test some Aguilars out. I want something a bit different than the routine 4x10, 8x10 route. thanks again.