4x12 or 2 2x12 anyone try this setup?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jnightmare, Nov 17, 2004.

1. jnightmare

May 12, 2004
    Carson, CA
    has anyone tried going with a 4x12 setup? how does that sound? or even just 2 2x12 cabs? any of you guys have tried it like having 4x12's? i know the guy from taking back sunday plays out of 2 4x12 aguilar cabs. but ive never seen them live or really heard there stuff. and i actually tried finding some music with him usually that setup but every video i saw he played ampeg. what recordings does he use this setup if anyone knows?
  2. jawzzz

May 23, 2003
    Denver Colorado
    I play with an Aguilar 412 against 2 guitar full stacks, and I win every time. :D It has an excellent sound to it. Very fat, and well rounded. The lows are very warm and deep. When I stand in front of the cab, it feels like a wind storm behind me. I also like to add a 2x10 on top of it and Bi-amp the setup. This gives me a little more punch and lets the 412 rumble more.
  3. dont

Jul 25, 2004
    I play through two Genz-Benz NeoX212's, and they kick some serious booty.
  4. Bigwig

Dec 27, 2003
    hey jawzzz, what kind of cabinets are you using?
  5. jawzzz

May 23, 2003
    Denver Colorado
    I am using an Aguilar Gs 412 and I sometimes use an S 210 to go with it.

The S series cabs are great for the money. I played it by itself for the first time tonight, and I was blown away by how loud and clear it was. It has some amazing low end for a 2x10. Paired with the GS 412, it is tone heaven.