Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

4x12 or 2 2x12 anyone try this setup?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jnightmare, Nov 17, 2004.

1. jnightmare

jnightmare

May 12, 2004
    Carson, CA
    has anyone tried going with a 4x12 setup? how does that sound? or even just 2 2x12 cabs? any of you guys have tried it like having 4x12's? i know the guy from taking back sunday plays out of 2 4x12 aguilar cabs. but ive never seen them live or really heard there stuff. and i actually tried finding some music with him usually that setup but every video i saw he played ampeg. what recordings does he use this setup if anyone knows?

2. jawzzz

jawzzz

May 23, 2003
    Denver Colorado
    I play with an Aguilar 412 against 2 guitar full stacks, and I win every time. :D It has an excellent sound to it. Very fat, and well rounded. The lows are very warm and deep. When I stand in front of the cab, it feels like a wind storm behind me. I also like to add a 2x10 on top of it and Bi-amp the setup. This gives me a little more punch and lets the 412 rumble more.

3. dont

dont

Jul 25, 2004
    dontwyman@lycos.com
    I play through two Genz-Benz NeoX212's, and they kick some serious booty.

4. Bigwig

Bigwig

Dec 27, 2003
    Grimcity
    hey jawzzz, what kind of cabinets are you using?

5. jawzzz

jawzzz

May 23, 2003
    Denver Colorado
    I am using an Aguilar Gs 412 and I sometimes use an S 210 to go with it.

The S series cabs are great for the money. I played it by itself for the first time tonight, and I was blown away by how loud and clear it was. It has some amazing low end for a 2x10. Paired with the GS 412, it is tone heaven.