4x12's or 8x10's

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by reasonbass, Sep 2, 2003.

1. Keep the 4x12's

7 vote(s)
  2. Sell the 4x12's and buy the 8x10's

2 vote(s)
  3. Sell one 4x12's and buy the 8x10's PORTABILITY!!

1 vote(s)
  4. Sell everything and buy a carrot farm

4 vote(s)
  1. Hi everyone, I currently have a Mesa 400+ and I'm running it to 2 Ernie Ball music man HD212's. And I was thinking if I should stick with the 12's or just get an Ampeg SVT810. What do you guys think? I'm thinking Ill sell one of the Music Man's and Keep one cab at my house and the Purchase the Ampeg for my practice room.

I also think that the Ampeg would be louder since it has a sensitivity rating of 100 and the Music Man's probably around 96. Would that be noticably louder? Or maybe more speakers pushing more air? Either way let me know what you guys think.
  2. Can u edit my poll to where it says keep the one of the 4x12's....change it to: keep one of the 2x12's and buy and 8x10's. its the third choice.
  3. I assume you mean 96 each, so that they have a total of 99 which is not very different from 100.

Personally, i'd stick with the 2 2x12's
  4. Paul A

Paul A

Dec 13, 1999
    Hertfordshire U.K!
    2X15's is the answer .......
  5. How did u come up with that total? I'm just curious. Anyways, I might be keeping them anyways. Maybe I miss the the Ampeg sound of the SVT 410HLF I used to have. You can't go wrong with Mesa and Ampeg for a nice rock n roll sound.
    They make a nice couple:bassist:
  6. if the wattage stays the same, adding an equal speaker adds 3dB (just as doubling the wattage adds 3db)
  7. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Sell it all and get this!

8. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    sell one of the 2x12's and buy a 4x10 that'll fit atop the 2x12. much easier to carry than a behemoth ampeg 8x10, and yet has the clarity and punch of the 10"'s with the low end booty of the 12"s. best of both worlds, no?
  10. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I've been a diehard 12" driver guy since the 80's. WOW! did this cabinet take me back a step! I'm ditching it all to pickup a Bergantino NV610 ASAP!