1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

4x15 cab on reverb?!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Barefoot greg, Jan 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Barefoot greg

Barefoot greg

Apr 24, 2016
  2. Barefoot greg

Barefoot greg

Apr 24, 2016
    Just found this whilst browsing Reverb! Holy Molie! This thing is just ridiculous, unfortunately there's no picture of the back, I'd love to see what the recommended wattage is for this thing.
    Half of me is laughing at this thing for it's level of over the top-mess.. the other half is starting to get G.A.S. haha

As unnecessary as a cab this large may be, it would be fun to fire up! I can just see the audience's shirts disintegrating as I throw out power chords! Haha
    I'll bet you could hear this thing on Saturn! lol

3. How come it gets a lot louder when he moves to the side?

"I'd sure appreciate you helpin' me load this cab into the van."
    "What are you, 'bout a size 12?"
    "It puts the lotion on it's skin..."

4. In space they can't hear you shred. :laugh:

5. BogeyBass

BogeyBass

Sep 14, 2010
    Darn I was hoping for a Acoustic 408
    Or Sunn 415M

I don't think many would care for the cheapo mcm speakers. But visually yes lol 4x15 is pretty intimating and looks like a dump truck of air coming at you

carsbybigd and 10cc like this.
  6. bebass

bebass Sho Me Music Commercial User

Sep 3, 2006
    Bolivar, Missouri
    ShoMeMusic.com; Authorized dealer for Bergantino, Dingwall, Darkglass, Genzler, Phil Jones Bass, Quilter, Blackstar, Cort, Traynor, and other
    I used to use 415 in the early 80's but it was two 215s

Johnny Crab likes this.
  7. Hahaha

Hahaha

Sep 26, 2003
    Olympia, WA USA
    That thing would scream if it were paired with a second cab with a single 10" driver.:rolleyes:

8. farace

farace

Jul 9, 2016
    Connecticut USA
    Doesn't look as mean as a Marshall 4 x 15" though. (And I'm glad I don't have to carry either of them.)

Sartori likes this.
  9. blubass

blubass

Aug 3, 2007
    Modesto Ca
    Current: Blackstar, DR strings, Nady. Previous endorsements with: GK, Rotosound, Ernie Ball, Cleartone, EMG, Dean, Dava Picks, Rebel Straps, Dickies
    I opened this expecting to see a beast of a cab. Instead it's only slightly bigger than my guitarists Peavey 412....:thumbsdown::rollno:

ThuzzleFump and Sartori like this.
  10. ShadowImage

ShadowImage Guest

Jan 12, 2016
    If by new they mean covered in dog hair and barn dust then sure, looks great. That many 15s without a horn though is just like a giant fart down a hallway :/

MobileHolmes likes this.
  11. Recommended wattage? You mean its power rating? That's maximum wattage, not recommended.

Why? Personally hate bass cabs with horns. Why would it sound like a fart? Plenty of people use 8x10 cabs, and those are not that much less speaker cone area than a 4x15.

Boone_Mc likes this.
  12. Also too bad it's covered in rat fur.

13. BasturdBlaster

BasturdBlaster Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Crandon WI
    Years ago, being from WI, I used to see tons of Sonic brand stuff. Some was Tolex covered and, most of the time, carpet. Much of it was EV "loaded". I dont see much of it at all anymore, I wonder if they are still in business.

Sartori likes this.
  14. My Marshall would look sweet on top of that!
    Fishheadjoe

Sartori likes this.
  15. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

Wait... they put on new carpet? I really hope they don't know about Duratex or other much easier to work with options.

I didn't watch the video but I am guessing they use the cab to smash those logs into kindling. I would really love to know the weight.

16. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    In this case, it might be covered with actual rat fur.

His neighbors must love him.

JFOC, MobileHolmes and yodedude2 like this.
  17. wmhill

wmhill

Aug 20, 2012
    upstate NY
    MTD basses endorsed artist Bartolini pickups emerging artist TECAMP bass players gear endorsed
    MCM does have some decent speakers too (as well as crappy cheap ones). I have in a pair of dual 15 PA cabs. They sound great, take a beating and have lasted well (used them for 5+ years). I can't remember the model # the specs were very good- and I would use them again.

18. EdwardofHuncote

EdwardofHuncote I Still Dream of Jeannie Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Southwest Virginia
    What happens if it's paired with a 412?

:roflmao:

(Sorry, had to...) ;)

19. Looks like a home build DJ cab for doin high school dances, complete with "Realistic" speaker grills from Radio Shack.

Is that not the horn standing on its side over by the barn door? (That's y I say DJ cab.....)

ShadowImage likes this.
  20. lfmn16

lfmn16 Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2011
    charles town, wv
    I played keys in the 70's and our bass player used an Acoustic 450 with a 408 cabinet. It was like getting beat to death with a big soft pillow.

Engle and Sartori like this.