1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

4x8

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by negative57, Nov 23, 2001.

1. i am looking for a new cab and i went to guitar centerand saw this nice ampeg for 250. i asked one of the floor people what the speaker arragement was and he said it was a 4x8 cab. When did ampeg make a 4x8 cab? was he mistaken, did he mean 4x10. i didnt have time to try it out but it looked like it was in fairly good condition. if it is a 4x10 for 250 buck and sounds good is that a good deal it seems like it to me but i wanted to ask tbers.

2. Yeah, I'm pretty sure they made a 4x8. You can check by measuring the diameter of the speakers.

3. mthoople

mthoople

Nov 1, 2001
    Denver, CO
    Ampeg made the SVT-48HE in the late ninetys. Four 8's, tweeter, two rear facing ports.

A local dealer has a used one, but I haven't had the chance to try it out yet.

Matt

4. ok i went to guitar center to go get the cab. i couldn't find it so i was just about to leave and checked again for it i found it. and they dropped the price 130 bucks! it was only $125 sounds great extremly punchy, and has a surprisingly huge amount of bass it only handles 200 watts though, but i dont think i can afford a bigger head. right now i am useing it as an ext. cab for my crate with only 60 watts going through it is sounds preatty loud i love it! thanks for the info!