Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

4x8

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by negative57, Nov 23, 2001.

1. i am looking for a new cab and i went to guitar centerand saw this nice ampeg for 250. i asked one of the floor people what the speaker arragement was and he said it was a 4x8 cab. When did ampeg make a 4x8 cab? was he mistaken, did he mean 4x10. i didnt have time to try it out but it looked like it was in fairly good condition. if it is a 4x10 for 250 buck and sounds good is that a good deal it seems like it to me but i wanted to ask tbers.

2. Yeah, I'm pretty sure they made a 4x8. You can check by measuring the diameter of the speakers.

3. mthoople

mthoople

Nov 1, 2001
    Denver, CO
    Ampeg made the SVT-48HE in the late ninetys. Four 8's, tweeter, two rear facing ports.

A local dealer has a used one, but I haven't had the chance to try it out yet.

Matt

4. ok i went to guitar center to go get the cab. i couldn't find it so i was just about to leave and checked again for it i found it. and they dropped the price 130 bucks! it was only $125 sounds great extremly punchy, and has a surprisingly huge amount of bass it only handles 200 watts though, but i dont think i can afford a bigger head. right now i am useing it as an ext. cab for my crate with only 60 watts going through it is sounds preatty loud i love it! thanks for the info!