5 Cheesy Bass Endings in 5 minutes!

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by stephencoxbass, Oct 10, 2018.

1. stephencoxbass

stephencoxbass

Feb 9, 2010
    Atlanta
    This lesson is for those with a sense of musical humor! I highly recommend using them with caution at gigs or rehearsals (people have been known to get annoyed...haha). I hope you enjoy it! I left a few out...so there may be another one in the future if you want more!

Wolford and Torrente Cro like this.
  2. IamGroot

IamGroot

Jan 18, 2018
    Cheesy endings .......or ear training hooks.

#1 = minor 6th down, etc.

3. stephencoxbass

stephencoxbass

Feb 9, 2010
    Atlanta
    That's a good way to look at it, or thinking about it as 1 jumping down to 3 within a major scale...I remember in Theory/Aural Skills in high school: m2 - Jaws, M2 - Happy Birthday, m3 Lullaby, M3 Arpeggio or doorbell for descending, Here Comes the Bride for 4ths, Purple Haze for tritones, Star Wars for 5ths, "Yeah" or "Crazy Train" for minor 6ths, NBC's jingle for M6, Can't Stop is good for m7, and M7 just wants to resolve so it's pretty easy to tell.
    That helped me a lot in that class!

Wolford and IamGroot like this.
  4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 25, 2022