5 days....... (GK time)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by metalbass101, Dec 17, 2004.

1. metalbass101

Jan 24, 2004
    I have 5 days untill my "package" arives. Riks is cool that they don't include shipping for anything over $100, much less something that costs 6 times that amount. I once heard that you can tell how good a bass is if you can play it through a good stack and then a crappy combo and still like the sound. Do you think a proffesional bass amp can attest to that too? I mean it is GK's ace. I mean the dude on the phone said that "it" and the 700rb series have been on fire,X-mas season or not. I can't belive that my mom decided to order over the phone as well. I was about to get an Avatar once and she said "Well, I'm not giving my credit card number over to some stanger!". Now she tottally switched and scored me the GK. I still had to pay the $600 to her, and that's fine, cuz that amp is going to be worth it. I still got 140 bucks, I bet If I saved up for a Avatar B212 (only $330 inc. everything) I could have a nice amp rig, I mean that's like 350 watts per 12 inch speaker. But untill then I am going to have to use the preamp through my crappy Laney combo. Either way, this is going to be so sweet........

1001rb-II owners..I'm about to join you club.... :)

Merry Christmans!
  2. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio

btw, go get yourself that checkcard i told you about! that's all i use - i refuse to get actual credit cards and my check card works just like a credit card...

3. pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound

We'll be glad to have you! :D
    By the way I'm thinking about ordering a 1001RBII head to replace the 1001RB head in my 2x10 combo and I think Riks will be the ticket. I will keep the 1001RB for a back up!
  4. Dirty Dave

Dirty Dave

Oct 17, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Cool! I'm glad it all worked out and you were able to purchase from Riks after all.

Now start saving for the Avatar so you can do that GK some justice. ;)
  5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Just an aside ... Rik's is first-rate.