1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

5 long years

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Phalex, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    After playing in the same band for 5 years (A good long run for a band) we finally got some stuff posted on YouTube. I'm not so sure I would have chosen these particular tunes from this particular night, but it is a still a momentous occasion. There's a medley of cover tunes right here:

Let the criticism begin!!

2. BillyRay

BillyRay Supporting Member

Jan 20, 2008
    Quebec
    It might be youtube, be we don't hear you when the guitar is playing: in a trio (+ singer), it's nice to hear the bass loud and clear, especially when playing classic rock that people dance to.

Your singer is not the most exciting, I much prefer the drummer's voice and stage presence. Kinda lame, but all your frontman is doing for you is wear a white shirt and awkwardly stand in front of the mich with his hands cupped around it ;) He has a good voice, have him dance and have a fun now.

But you guys are tight and have a lot of potential. The second song has people really dancing.

3. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    It was just done on a handheld cam corder. As loud as it must have been out front, I'm amazed it sounds as good as it does, but yeah it could use a little more bass.

My drummer will be really pleased. I think I'll send him a link.

4. ric1312

ric1312 Banned

Apr 16, 2006
    chicago, IL.
    Good sound for a camcorder. Good singer. His stage prescence didn't bother me at all, he was just fine. It's not like you are trying to be van halen with sword katas and spinning jump kicks.

5. BillyRay

BillyRay Supporting Member

Jan 20, 2008
    Quebec
    Maybe, but have him dress like The Blues Brothers or dance or something: he doesn't have an instrument so he should be more exciting to watch than that. Maybe it's because it's early in the evening and he ahsn't warmed up yet though...

But I really like bands that are able to goof around while still playing tight, in your face rock.