1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

5 Sets of RoundWound Take-offs ...

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by tjh, Oct 26, 2013.

1. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    I have five complete sets of strings that were taken off of basses that I bought in lieu of flats .. these are all in good shape .. I tossed/gave away any that came in that were older, worn or real low quality, and saved these 5 sets. ... all appear to be about medium guages, with 100 or 105 E's, all four string sets ... a couple sets I am pretty sure what they are, others I will describe ... I always used Fender 'old formula' back when I was on rounds, so I am not familiar with all the different brands appearances ... flats I know, but not rounds, so please excuse the lack of identification ...

1) D'addario Super EXL170TP 45-65-80-100

2) Dunlops, not sure of model, looks like 105 E

3) Unknown, with black silk at tail and headstock, bright gold balls ...100 E string .. this was a really nice set, silk looks like brand new

4) Unknown, no silk at either end, gold balls .. I had these tagged 50/70/90/105 .. must have known something when I pulled them, dont remember now ..

5) Unknown, deep red (quality) silk at both ends, silver balls ...100 E string, silk is flawless here as well ...

none of these were STB, all top loaded, so no creases ... these all would be from an inline Fender 4

... 5 compete sets could heavy could get heavy to mail, so lets say $15.00 SHIPPED for all 5 sets ... if somebody gets them and feels that the price is not more than fair, we'll fix it ... but they are too good to sit in a drawer .... and I dont see myself going back to rounds anytime soon ...

2. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    $2.50 a set/$5 shipping ... $17.50 Shipped for all 5 sets

3. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    .. 50 cents off a day until claimed ... so $17 shipped to lower 48

4. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    OK, so I lied ... $1 off today ... $16 shipped in a flat rate box that costs a whisker under $6 .. so its now $2 each for 5 sets of strings ...

5. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    Buck off again .. $15 shipped!

6. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    OK ... I found another set of rounds tucked away ...ALL OF THE ABOVE ... PLUS: another set of what I think are D'Addario's ... so it is now SIX sets of good usable rounds for $15 shipped to lower 48 ... thats now 1.50 a set

7. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    BTW, I also have a thread going with two Monster instrument cables ... I can combine the two cables with these 6 sets of strings for $30 shipped ... dont be afraid to talk to me

8. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    pending ...

9. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    ... and gone ... thank you