1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale 5 String Brubaker Jazz and MM Pickups

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Jerome2k, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Jerome2k

Jerome2k

Oct 20, 2010
    Memphis, TN
    Price:
    Hello,
    I have a set of Active 5-string Brubaker Brute jazz pick ups that come from a Brubaker JJX5 Matador Red bass.

Also, I have a 5-string jazz (neck) and musicman (bridge) Brubaker pickup set. These came from the new MJX5 tobacco brubaker model. They are very new in mint condition and sound pretty good.

Shoot me a reply or pm with an offer. Thanks!

image.

image.

Attached Files:

2. Jerome2k

Jerome2k

Oct 20, 2010
    Memphis, TN
    Ok $40 for the Active Jazz pups 5-string
    $65 for the Neck/MM pups 5-string
    Shout me a pm!

3. T-MOST

T-MOST Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2004
    NJ via NYC
    So what did you replace the Brubaker pups with?

4. tdogg

tdogg

Jan 17, 2001
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    what are the lengths on the jazz pickups?

5. Jerome2k

Jerome2k

Oct 20, 2010
    Memphis, TN
    I replaced the Brubaker with the 5.2 MM Nordstrand and it works out perfect. The neck pickup with a Bartolini CJB. The preamp with an OBP 3.

6. T-MOST

T-MOST Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2004
    NJ via NYC
    Ok, thanks. I went with the Barolini 4.6AP 3band pre. Also The Bartolini 57CBJD split coil J and the Extended Range DLSCBC Music Man pups.

7. T-MOST

T-MOST Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2004
    NJ via NYC
    Ok, thanks. I went with the Barolini 4.6AP 3band pre. Also The Bartolini 57CBJD split coil J and the Extended Range DLSCBC Music Man pups

Apparently the 57CBJD doesn't "fit" in the Brute pickguard with out slightly routing for the screw poles. i got the neck position pups and they are short which thoughs the screw slots off. maybe I should have bought the Bridge pup which is longer?

8. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    The 57 is made to fit a Fender route, you need a 59 which is what most everybody else uses.

9. T-MOST

T-MOST Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2004
    NJ via NYC
    According to Best Bass Gear the 57 CBDJ S1 is the correct pup for this mod. The problem is that I got a mislabled pup. it turns out that after measuring the pup and the "space between the ears" it was confirmed my pup was NOT a 57CBDJ S1. BBG is sending me the correct 57CBDJ S1 today!

10. mmbongo

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Cool! I bought a 59 for mine though :) Heck maybe it was mislabeled!

edit...I still think you need the 59 :(
    Please let me know how it turns out! The 57 may end up being the better fit. I think I had to shave some pickguard but the screw holes lined up on the 59.

http://www.talkbass.com/threads/brubaker-brute-bartolini-upgrade.690368/
    http://www.talkbass.com/threads/brubaker-brute-w-barts.826157/

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
  11. T-MOST

T-MOST Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2004
    NJ via NYC
  12. mmbongo

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    And sorry Jerome..I totally got caught up in the discussion and forgot this was your FS thread! So sorry!

13. Jerome2k

Jerome2k

Oct 20, 2010
    Memphis, TN
    Bump