1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

5 string Chi-Sonic Availability

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Eilif, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Eilif

Eilif Holding it down in K-Town. Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2001
    Chicago
    Does anyone know when the 5 string Chi-sonics will be available and if they will be available to purchase separate from Lakland basses?

After playing Chi-Sonics at the Lakland factory last year and now being able to see them on the new decades, I think that a 5 string set of Chi-sonics is just what my 55-01 needs.

2. Fretlessboy

Fretlessboy

Nov 29, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    Endorsing artist GENZ BENZ/HERCULES STANDS/XSonics
    I agree totaly... I'd love to have them in a JO5

3. Kindness

Kindness

Oct 1, 2003
    Chicago
    I played a 5 string Decade with Chi-Sonics last weekend at the factory. I have to assume they will be out soon. Like their other pickups, I also assume you will be able to purchase them separately.

Like the 4 string Chi-Sonics, they are a fantastic pickup.

IMG_2834-1.

4. Eilif

Oct 1, 2001
    Chicago
    Wow, that thing is smoking, though IMHO it needs a pickguard. Thanks for the news, at least we know that they are in, or near production. Those Chrome 5 string Chi-sonics would look great on my cherryburst (plain ash, not deluxe) 55-01.

It looks like the 5 string chi-sonics may be large enough to completely cover the Bart MK1 pickup routes! Though even if they aren't I can fasion some surrounds pretty easily.

55-01 + Chrome Chi-sonics + passive v/v/t/t/switch + orange caps = Serious Tone!

5. Kindness

Kindness

Oct 1, 2003
    Chicago
    I believe you will need to route the 55-01 in order to fit the larger of the two Chi-Sonic sizes into the bass.

6. Eilif

Oct 1, 2001
    Chicago
    Hmm, that's something to think about...
    for about 5 seconds.:D
    I like the 55-01, but if I can get a set of 5 string Chi-sonics, the router is coming out of the toolchest!