1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

5-String Choice Additional Poll: Tribute 2500 vs Spector Legend 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jefft54, Jul 29, 2005.

1. G&L Tribute L-2500 or

20 vote(s)
    69.0%
  2. Spector Legend 5

9 vote(s)
    31.0%
  1. An addendum to my Lakland vs G&L poll, it is currently near impossible to find a Lakland 55-01 in stock locally, so my next question is: Which would you choose between the Tribute 2500 and the Spector Legend 5. I know they have inherently different tonal qualities but which would you choose?

2. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

You might be able to get a quick trial of a 55-01 if you contact the Dude at Vintage Bass Trading Co. or Gard at Bass Central. If you're really interested, you could call them and check about a 2 day trial period, and see if they'd let you ship it back for a refund if you hated it (doubtful). Then, all you'd be risking is shipping costs.

'course the G&L is a pretty good bass, and so is the Spector. You can't go wrong with either one, really. I like the Spector tone, and the G&L had a pretty decent neck feel. Personally, I'd rather have the Lakland, but that's just my opinion -- worth what you paid for it. :D