Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

5-string E to C

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by improvpwnd, Feb 1, 2006.

1. I'm looking for a set of 5-string strings from E-C, but can't find them anywhere! Do I have to buy a 6'er set?

2. Kronos

Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    Go to www.juststrings.com , buy a set of 4, then buy the individual C string. That's what I'd do.

3. Fodera sells a set of strings e-c. You can also find this set if you look on www.juststrings.com and if you can find them somewhere the matthew garrison signature set. You'd probably have to order the matt garrison set from fodera though because I couldn't find them anywhere. The matthew garrison set might sound better on 33" scale though but I'm not really sure. Please mail back and tell me what you find. What kind of bass are you using currently?

4. ditto, this is what i do. its actually cheaper than buying a normal 5 string set (with the low B)!! they have a good selection of single strings there.

5. Thanks for the info! My only 5er is a Ibanez SR885...I'll let you know how it went. I just put an order in for the Fodera 5-string standard: .028-.105. I tune down 1/2 step sooo i may need to go with the heavyer gauge ones, but I'm gonna start with the standard just to keep everything in sync.

6. Just installed a set of Fodera 5string standards...workin out fine. thanks.