5 string flea bass question

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by stefanfan, May 17, 2005.

1. stefanfan

May 17, 2005
    lower manhattan
    i played a few basses today other then the ones i have at g.c today. It seemed like the strings were almost resting the length of the neck even towards the pups. They seemed to play like butter. I got home and looked at my bass and the action on the bridge was set pretty much allll the way down yet the playability wasnt there. It still seemed like it had room to go lower. Is this a truss thing or do modulus necks not allow for craaazy low action? One more question, how do you change the tension of the strings, so its tighter per se, or looser when played finger style Please help out Thank you
  2. Joshua's right - a Modulus should be capable of extremely fine setups. But to get those close tolerance setups requires close tolerance attention to detail and lots of close tolerance patience to achieve the results. Waving the wrench over the trussrod and flipping the screwdriver at the intonation screws isn't enough to give it that buttery feel.