Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

5 string fretless "SX" Jazz copy

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by mrpackerguy, Jul 20, 2004.

1. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Affectionately referred to as a "ho bag" on the Dudepit.

I've got a 1 month old pretty burst SX (Essex) from Rondo SJB62 5 string fretless jazz copy. "Vintage" model I think because of the aged appearance of the neck and headstock. It's just not for me. I modded the pickguard to black because I thought the white looked cheap. (Hey, let's face it...it IS cheap!) The luthier I took it to for set up also added a neat string channel on the headstock for the G string because of it's angle from nut to tuner and his fear the nut would crack. Looks and sounds nice, now. No scratches or blemishes. Been practiced with about 10 hours, and giged with for 3 songs once.

The burst with the black pickguard and aged wood appearance on the headstock makes it fairly pretty to look at. One thing noticeable is that the low B does not have the sustain the top 4 strings have.

I've put 4 new fender flats on it, keeping the original B string. It's been profesionally set up to be the best it can be (had a buzzing issue on delivery on the D string). The action is a bit high for my taste (I prefer the lower the better).

Passive electronics with great, surprising tonal variety. It's just fun enough that I want something nicer in a 5 string fretted or fretless.

Here's Rondo's description:
    http://www.rondomusic.bigstep.com/item.jhtml;$sessionid$15RUYAIAAAT5JTZENUEUTIWPERWRJPX0?UCIDs=850849%7C940496&PRID=1459055

Would not come with a case or bag of any type and would ship in the original Rondo music shipping container. Would like $130 or offer.

2. mrpackerguy

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Bumpers

3. mrpackerguy

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Le Bump

4. mrpackerguy

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin

5. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    would you take trades plus cash?

6. mrpackerguy

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Let me know what you're thinking.

7. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
  8. mrpackerguy

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Sorry Trevoris:

Have no real need for that stuff. Thanks, though.

Price lowered. $120 plus shipping

9. mrpackerguy

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Last bump

10. mrpackerguy

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Last bump....really

11. Stinkoman20xx

Stinkoman20xx

Oct 19, 2003
    bump for you. Great price for what he is asking for that bass. You wont get that really any cheaper.