1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

5 String Fretless with high C: TI Jazz or D'addario Chromes?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by stranded horse, Mar 5, 2010.

1. stranded horse

stranded horse

Dec 8, 2009
    outer space
    [ ] yes [ ] no
    I'm torn between these, yet I can't spend the money to try both.
    I got the TI flats on my fretted shortscale, and I love the sound and the feel, except I'm a bit unsure how they will perform on the higher notes the C string offers me.
    On the other hand the D'addario Chromes seem to have a really good reputation. But they are supposed to be a lot stiffer than the TI flats. I haven't tried them, but that could put me off, because I love the feel of the TIs. And I don't know at all how they compare soundwise to the TIs.

I'd take the TI right away, but maybe the D'Addario sound even better on high notes, so I hope you people can give me some advice.

regards,
    s.h.

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 27, 2020