Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

5 string humbucker

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by chaoslord, May 16, 2001.

1. Hey I know this isn't really where this belongs, and I actually did post it in the Wanted section first but in two days only 5 people have even seen it and I'm hoping it'll get more attention and luck here.

Eric Cameron and any other mods I appologize if this breaks too many rules but I hope you'll let it slide so I can get some responses.

Thanks guys.

"Hey guys I'm kinda bastardizing and trying everything within my power to make a MIM Fender Jazz 5 sound decent. (I know sacralidge, whatever I hate the tone and the B string was floppy as hell).

I'm moving the tuners around a bit and adding a string tree for the B and E to try and tighten it up.

What I need now is a bridge humbucker, pretty much anything will work, Stingray style, EMG style, whatever as long as it's made for a 5 string.

I know somebody has to have the stock humbucker to some bass that they put Barts or something in lying around somwhere. If you have anything that you want to get rid of I'll pay the shipping. If need be I'll pay a few bucks for the pickup as well but I'm looking to stay as cheap as possible since I'm not sure the bass is able to be helped the way I want it to be.

Thanks in advance."