1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

5 string jazz bass ashtrays?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by lowfrequency, Dec 4, 2002.

1. Do these exist? I really like the way they look, but I've got a fiver. Would regular four-string ashtrays work?

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

Subscribing to the thread. I want some too.

3. If it helps, the neck pickup on my Jazz measures about 10 cm in length, and the bridge pickup about 10.4 cm.

Anybody with ashtrays and a ruler able to help?

4. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    But, I don't think they'll fit on a 5.

Are you using the standard bent Fender bridge? I tried to add a new bridge to my Jazz that would fit under the cover. Or, are you just interested in the neck pickup cover?

For some reason, I've got a mental picture of an Atelier Z, or some high end Japanese Jazz 5 copy that had at least a neck pickup cover. It could just be all of the Sadowsky Tokyos I've seen recently, though.

I do love ashtrays, though. :D

[​IMG]

5. bassmonkee, that's a gorgeous bass!

I am indeed using the stock Fender bridge - 9.5 cm x 4 cm.

Ideally, I'd like to have both covers, but I suppose I could settle for just one :)

Thanks,

6. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Thanks. It sounds gorgeous, too, with the TI Jazz Rounds I just installed last week.

I'll measure the covers tonight before my gig.

7. bassmonkee PMed me yesterday with the measurements of his jazz:

Finding ashtrays locally in Halifax seems to be quite the ordeal - so I'm waiting to hear back from Grasshopper at Bass Central...

Cheers.