Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

5-String Jazz Bass Pickups FS/FT

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by JRBrown, Jun 8, 2003.

1. JRBrown

JRBrown

Jun 21, 2000
    North Carolina
    For sale or trade:

Kent Armstrong single coil J-pups. Excellent condition. I pulled these from my Eshenbaugh today.

I would like to get a EMG-35P4 PICKUP with 3-prong quick connect.

[​IMG]

2. If anyone is interested to know, these pickups are alnico bar magnet style, and are spaced for four or five string bass. However, since they did come from a five string, the casing size is identical on both pickups, which is 92mm (the same as a bridge jazz p/u) Also, the bridge pickup is wound slightly hotter to balance the two, since greater string excursion over the neck pickup usually makes it louder when the magnets are equal distances from the strings.

3. List price for the set is US$180.

4. JRBrown

JRBrown

Jun 21, 2000
    North Carolina
    FYI: The dude I study music with said that he likes the Kent Armstrong pups more because they have more J-vibe and growl. I like them both but prefer the Dimarzios because they have more punch and exposed pole pieces.

This is the bass they were in.
    [​IMG]

5. JRBrown

JRBrown

Jun 21, 2000
    North Carolina
    Bump. Changed trade pup.

6. bdgotoh

bdgotoh Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Pacific NW
    You might want to mention that the pickups are tapped, so you can select between windings of 7K and 10K ohms resistance.

7. JRBrown

JRBrown

Jun 21, 2000
    North Carolina
    Thanks!