5 string Jazz pickguard w/ P pickup route??

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Mitchthebassplayer, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Mitchthebassplayer

Mitchthebassplayer

Jan 7, 2008
    Queens, NY
    Endorsing Artist: Olinto, La Bella, JuleAmps, Epifani
    Where the hell can I find one? It seems Warmoth only does 4 string pickguards unless you want to have a custom one made for $$ or make it yourself which I'm not really trying to do....I know Sadowsky gets em from somewhere, but he doesn't sell them! Any input would be appreciated....

2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Sadowsky makes their own pickguards, they don't "get them from somewhere".

Your problem is that the placement of the P pickup is unique to your instrument since a Jazz 5-er doesn't normally come with a P pickup. Its a custom-add after the fact. The placement of the P pickup will dictate the route of the pickguard. A millimeter off and the pickguard won't fit around the P pickup.

You'll have to make a sketch on paper of the exact measurements and send them to a pickup manufacturer such as Jeannies or WD and they will make it for you.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 16, 2021