Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

5 string P-Bass Pickups?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by scott_barrett, Sep 1, 2004.

1. Anyone other than Bartolini make these? I have a P-J setup on my Pedulla Rapture and am looking for other options as these seem to be very bright and I am always rolling off the treble. Is there any other manufacturers that would make something to fit this?

Thanks,
    Scott

2. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    Kent Armstrong and Bill Lawrence do if my memory serves me correct.

3. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

Sadowsky also offers a 5-string P model. Check the website for details.

dcr

4. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    Carey Nordstrand MAY be able to do it (he makes a 5 string jazz bass type pickup)
    A five string P pickup is in the works from him, but I don't know when those will go into production. However, contact him anyway, because he's got a hold of some new piece of equipment which may allow him to one off something for you.

He recently built a NP4 with a series/parallel option for Arthur Poon-another Talkbass member.

IMHO his pickups are awesome, so it may be worth a phone call. Hope that helps.

5. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    Scott,
    the options are kind of limited for 5 string P/J pups. I have a Pedulla Rapture P/J 5 string, I actually like the stock Barts :)
    But if you want a more muted sound, you could try the Bart CB (Classic Bass) range of pickups - they have a bit more of a flat frequency response.