Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

5 string p bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by harley_ou812, Nov 3, 2004.

1. Hey All. I am looking for a P bass but I would want a 5 string. I seen fender has the P bass Deluxe 5. I seen they also have Zone bass and a dimension that has a P bass pickup and 5 string. I am also keeping options open. I currentley play a 5 string Jazz MIA. I love the feel of the neck so if possible I would want to swap the Pbass neck for a jazz neck at some point but I would give the P bass necvk a try first. any help would be appreciated.

2. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    Mike Lull makes the P5 for $2Kish. I think I remember hearing Sadowsky makes a P 5er but I might be mistaken. I wanted the same thing then realized I'd be better off just stringing a P BEAD. I would have considered the Fender P 5er but I wanted a passive bass. I've got a Skyline Bob Glaub (P-bass) strung BEAD on the way right now.

:hyper:

3. Moonchild

Moonchild

Sep 29, 2003
    A while ago I tried the Fender Deluxe 5-er, and I was very pleased with the instrument. It had the tightest B-string of all the 34" scale basses in the store. The action was very low and it had zero, and I really mean zero fretbuzz. It seriously got me gassing for it now :bawl: :D

4. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Godin makes a nice semi singlecut P/J bass that can be had for around $600.

5. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Harley,
    Here are a couple photos of the Lull P5 that Squidfinger mentioned: