1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

5 string p bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by harley_ou812, Nov 3, 2004.

1. Hey All. I am looking for a P bass but I would want a 5 string. I seen fender has the P bass Deluxe 5. I seen they also have Zone bass and a dimension that has a P bass pickup and 5 string. I am also keeping options open. I currentley play a 5 string Jazz MIA. I love the feel of the neck so if possible I would want to swap the Pbass neck for a jazz neck at some point but I would give the P bass necvk a try first. any help would be appreciated.

2. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    Mike Lull makes the P5 for $2Kish. I think I remember hearing Sadowsky makes a P 5er but I might be mistaken. I wanted the same thing then realized I'd be better off just stringing a P BEAD. I would have considered the Fender P 5er but I wanted a passive bass. I've got a Skyline Bob Glaub (P-bass) strung BEAD on the way right now.

:hyper:

3. Moonchild

Moonchild

Sep 29, 2003
    A while ago I tried the Fender Deluxe 5-er, and I was very pleased with the instrument. It had the tightest B-string of all the 34" scale basses in the store. The action was very low and it had zero, and I really mean zero fretbuzz. It seriously got me gassing for it now :bawl: :D

4. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Godin makes a nice semi singlecut P/J bass that can be had for around $600.

5. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Harley,
    Here are a couple photos of the Lull P5 that Squidfinger mentioned: