1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

5 string PJ recs?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mcfrankson, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Maynjo

Maynjo Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Jacksonville, NC
    Yes but op made the mistake of saying money is not an issue, and this is talkbass after all.

Bassamatic likes this.
  2. chris_b

chris_b

Jun 2, 2007
    I've owned a Mike Lull PJ5 since 2011. A great PJ with flats and a lot of thump. Wonderful sound.

3. stingray69

stingray69 Talkbass Legit

Aug 11, 2004
    St Louis Area
    Another vote for Yamaha BB series. Killer basses.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
    garp likes this.
  4. Matty Koff

Matty Koff

Aug 21, 2014
    Tennessee
    See, I just pulled the trigger on a natural finish Sire P7 5 str.. originally was going to hold out for white blonde to be back in stock.. but the P/J config + 5 string was the major thing I was after, and after looking at it I decided I would be happy with a natural finish. But money IS an object to me so.. yeah i don't really look at basses priced any higher than that Hopefully, it wasn't a snafu and the thing really was in stock, or I'll keep waiting for white blonde. Also eyeballing a Fender Player jazz V around the same price range. Makes my post kind of out of place.. money being an object and all but I'm pretty stoked about the P7.

Personally feeling like this is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen on Earth.. wish it wasn't out of my league. ;)

5. gustobassman

gustobassman I'm only here for the after party.. Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2011
    Sandy Eggo
    Another vote for Sadowsky! My Verdine White 5 packs a wallop and moves some boo-tay.

couchsad.

zippydog and Lovep like this.
  6. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    I've got a Kiesel Osiris being built right now, similar to this one. Fully passive, single coil P/J pickups. Can't wait to put it through it's paces!

[​IMG]

7. Lovep

Lovep

Mar 17, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    That is nice!!!

8. zippydog

zippydog Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2006
    Chicago
    652A1255-9300-40CB-AEE0-529B5683BA68. Sadowsky RV5PJ in Olympic White with tort PG and Pau Ferro fretboard inbound! This specific bass has been my white whale for many years. Woot!

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
    Low Key likes this.
  9. Passinwind

Passinwind I know nothing. Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    He was working on that pickup set the last time I was over at his shop. Haven't tried it yet but I'm sure I will soon.

bararan likes this.