- 5-string problem -

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TribalEagle, Jan 20, 2006.

1. Warwick Rockbass Streamer 5

4 vote(s)
  2. Ymaha RBX 375

3 vote(s)
  3. OLP OLMM3

0 vote(s)
  4. Cort Curbow 5

1 vote(s)
  5. Ibanez SRX305

8 vote(s)
  6. Peavey Dyna 5QT

2 vote(s)
  7. Spector Performer 5

4 vote(s)
  1. TribalEagle

Mar 19, 2005
    Finland EU
    Ok. I This may be used tread but I hope yu will still help me. I currently play cheap six-string, but I want to move to five.
    Why? I have noticed that I really don`t need the six. I mostly play Iron Maiden and Metallica etc. so there is no need for the C-string. Plus I don`t like the sound of the C. I want the bass to be fairly light and it should have fast easy access nec. I would also like it to have 24 (or more) frets.
    If you have any suggestion that are not on my list, please tell me.
  2. Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    What's your budget?
  3. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    if you play maiden and metallica dont you only need a 4? what songs does harris/cliff/jason play 5's?
  4. Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    Some stuff from the black album onward have stuff that Jason used a 5 stringer. Even St.Anger was downtuned.
  5. Judging from the basses you listed price range, I'd recommend trying out a used warwick corvette 5'er.
  6. TribalEagle

Mar 19, 2005
    Finland EU
    my budjet is aprox. 450€ maby less... All those basses fit in to that range.
    I`m not going to by used becoase it`s so hard to get from internet and I don`t trust used bass what I don`t see..
  7. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    oh...THAT metallica. ;)
  8. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Tribal Eagle, since you say you want a light bass with 24 frets, the Cort Curbow seems like the best choice. They are really great basses and wouldnice for performing since they are light and compact.