Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

5 string set EADGC

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by werbo1, Dec 29, 2004.

1. Does anyone know of a place where ic an order a set of strings EADGC. Also would I have to modify the truss rod or anything on my current bass if i make the switch?

2. I don't know of where you could buy a set like that but I know that you can custom order a C along with the other 4 strings so you get a similar string. "Custom order" is pretty vague, but I bet if you go to a general music store or a more guitarish oriented store and you ask them to order you that set, they will be able to.

3. pookeymp

pookeymp

Oct 16, 2002
    NY/NJ
    Many online sites (i.e, www.juststrings.com) allow you to order single strings. At JustStrings they have their single strings categorized by manufacturers and model, so you can order a standard 4-string set, and then get the matching "C" string that would go with that set.

When using a set that I can't find the single strings for (such as DR Red Devils), I buy a 6-string set and just pack the "B" string away.

Mikey/