1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

5 String Song Recomendations (hard rock, metal)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by MySweetFracture, Oct 30, 2006.

1. I just got an amazing deal on a fretless 5 string. 75.00, with flatwounds and an active pickup in the bridge. It sounds amazing, and is very good quality. Its a brand ive never heard, "SX". Anyways, it plays great and i want to learn some good 5 string songs. Preferably something thats a bit more melodic, and not a flurry of notes, but im not that picky. Fast is ok with me.

2. Just fyi, SX basses can be found at Rondo Music.

"Call Me When You're Sober" by Evanescence is played on 5-string...

3. Ah there we go. Mine isnt on their though. I will see if i can post some pics later. Thanks for the input so far.

4. Amon Amarth- "The Pursuit Of Vikings"
    Devin Townsend- Anything from the Terria album- all the bass is fretless 5 string.

5. Try some Dream Theater. You can get away without using a 6-string for most songs as you can transpose the really high parts down a string if needed. Stream Of Consciousness is a pretty easy song (as far as DT songs go) to get used to that B string, although it only goes as far as the Eb.

6. Those are some good ideas, thanks guys. I was playing some mudvayne without down tuning, ryan writes some good bass lines.

7. Cubeface

Cubeface

Apr 9, 2006
    Anything by Death From Above 1979. He uses a 5-string bass (there are no guitars so the bass plays everything in that band).