5-String Tabs

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by baktothebassics, Aug 19, 2004.

1. Hi, I am looking for some non-slap, novice-intermediate bass tabs for a 5 String bass, I dont want any metal tabs, I would really like Jazz, Blues, Ska, anything fun and that will help me improve. I would really appreciate the help. I

And I did do a search that didn't really turn up much
  2. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    I have only found a few, and those are for songs that are specifically written to play on 5ers. An example would be "This is how you remind me" by Nickelback in the Bass Tab Archive.

btw, welcome to TB. Best site on the Web.
  3. Look for some Limp Bizkit stuff. Nice introduction to 5-string bass playing without slap. Although LB have gone down the drain in recent years, their early stuff was quite fun to play along to. Examples include - stuck, counterfeit, clunk and rearranged.

4. Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    311's stuff is also mostly 5-strings, allthough is some slap involved.
  5. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    I think that some of RHCP tunes in the Hal Leonard book for Blood Sugar Sex Magic are five string arrangements (iirc)

You could also look around for interesting tabs online that are written for drop D tuning and transpose them for 5 string.
  6. You said no metal, but try Nothing To Gein by Mudvayne. That will help ya improve.
  7. Why not just play the songs you like and if the 5th string is used in those specific songs then use it?
  8. My favourite song to play on bass! Great choice! :hyper:

9. HYRM is easy except for the bits where he msises out a beat in the verses. It took me a while to master it(but then, I had only being playing bass for a shrot time). Also, you won't find accurate tab for that song on the net. It has a harmonic part in it during the quiet bit. How do I tab it for you?