5 string-tight nut, wide bridge

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Classical_Thump, Jan 29, 2005.

1. Classical_Thump

Jan 26, 2005
    I'm still looking for a great 5-string to pick up and I've found some deals. The one I'm looking at now is a Zon Sonus Special with bubinga top and ash body. It's supposedly on sale for $2250, so it's not a bad deal. However, I've never played a Zon so I was wondering what you guys thought of them. Also, I was thinking about 5 strings, and I realized I wanted a bass which was tight at the nut, to provide a tight spacing by the neck but then wide at the bridge so that I would still have room to slap with my right hand. So, if anyone knows what I mean by tight at the nut and wide at the bridge, just let me know if any basses exemplify that.
    Sorry for all the qustions haha-but thanks they are helping
  2. Richard Lindsey

Richard Lindsey

Mar 25, 2000
    Metro NYC
    For that kind of money, why don't you contact a custom builder who can provide exactly the dimensions you want? I assure you there are indiviuual builders working today who will do that for $2250. Good ones, too. Search around this forum and you'll find some.
  3. dooft11

dooft11 Supporting Member

Dec 30, 2003
    i had been trying out different zon of quite sometimes, i can say the zon neck and string spacing is very comfortable for my asian hand, the neck was somehow thin when warwick is considered round and thick. i neck the smooth feeling or zon good for both fingering and slap.. so i think if you ok about the sound of zon, it will be a nice choice.