1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

5 string-tight nut, wide bridge

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Classical_Thump, Jan 29, 2005.

1. Classical_Thump

Classical_Thump

Jan 26, 2005
    I'm still looking for a great 5-string to pick up and I've found some deals. The one I'm looking at now is a Zon Sonus Special with bubinga top and ash body. It's supposedly on sale for $2250, so it's not a bad deal. However, I've never played a Zon so I was wondering what you guys thought of them. Also, I was thinking about 5 strings, and I realized I wanted a bass which was tight at the nut, to provide a tight spacing by the neck but then wide at the bridge so that I would still have room to slap with my right hand. So, if anyone knows what I mean by tight at the nut and wide at the bridge, just let me know if any basses exemplify that.
    Sorry for all the qustions haha-but thanks they are helping

2. Richard Lindsey

Richard Lindsey

Mar 25, 2000
    Metro NYC
    For that kind of money, why don't you contact a custom builder who can provide exactly the dimensions you want? I assure you there are indiviuual builders working today who will do that for $2250. Good ones, too. Search around this forum and you'll find some.

3. dooft11

dooft11 Supporting Member

Dec 30, 2003
    HongKong
    i had been trying out different zon of quite sometimes, i can say the zon neck and string spacing is very comfortable for my asian hand, the neck was somehow thin when warwick is considered round and thick. i neck the smooth feeling or zon good for both fingering and slap.. so i think if you ok about the sound of zon, it will be a nice choice.

4. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State