5-string Warlock?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Skavenger, May 26, 2002.

1. Skavenger

May 26, 2002
    I'm thinking of buying a 5-stringed Warlock from BC Rich. Now, is this a good idea?

The first thing I would like to know is how are the strap screws placed, cause it seems to be hard to balance this bass well. Anyone who owns a Warlock that can tell me how it's like both balance-wise and how it plays and feels?
    It would also be nice if anyone of you could point me to a review or something so I get a second opinion on the overall stuff. I think it looks about as death-metal as a bass could look, but is more energy put down in the design and no effort in the sound?
    I would also like a picture of a 5-stringed Warlock, if anyone has one. I can only find the 4-stringed black ones on the BC Rich homepage. Thanks in advance.
  2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Yes, unless you are planning on paying $2000 for a USA Custom Shop model with better electronics.
  3. PICK

Jan 27, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    Im probably one of the few people here who actually likes and has a Warlock. In fact i have two. Ok I like the style but sadly i do have to agree with Embellisher, dont buy anything but the American model.
    I have two four string Warlocks one is a late nintys platinum series. The other is my is a late Eighties Neck-thru American series. The American puts the Platinum to shame even though the platinum has lots of upgrades.
    In future if i bought another B.C Rich i would not waste my time with anything but the American models.
    I have been thinking of the 5 string warlock. But ive never tried one.
  4. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Do a search. I have commented on the basses before in threads just like this along with many others.
  5. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Yup. The Ameri models are pretty nice. But the Bronze, NJ, and Platinum series are pretty weak basses. I'd have serious doubts about buying one.
  6. Skavenger

May 26, 2002
    Thanks for the tips and help. If the warlocks are as bad as you say, I better just buy a new Ibanez instead. Maybe as a showing-off bass..?

Thanks anyway.
  7. alx564

Jul 31, 2000
    Emmaus, PA
    If you ever want some information or reviews of music equiptment just go to www.harmonycentral.com

Its a really cool site you and you should be able to find whatever you want. And good call by staying away from the B.C. Rich Warlocks, I have never been a fan of B.C. Rich.
  8. Although I dont have a 5 string I love my Warock. Its an '87 and is very different from the new ones. Maybe you could find an older one, I got mine used at a Guitar show for $500, I dont know if the market value is 500 but I like it alot. Its an Nj, has a reverse headstock, is neck-thru, and has EMG pickups.

Last time I was at guitar center I played a couple of newer Warlocks and an Ibanez EDA905 and they sounded alot alike. So If you want the badass look get the warlock. Good luck
  9. Listen

May 19, 2002
    BC Rich, 5 string!!!!!!!!!!! For how long? I would have bought one by now, where can I find one?:eek: