1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

5 with a high

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by full_bleed, May 1, 2006.

1. full_bleed

full_bleed

May 27, 2005
    Arizona
    which brands offer a 5 string set for EADGC tunning?

2. Giel

Giel

Sep 9, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Personally, I would buy a 6-string set, plenty of those on the market.. If you leave em long enough, you can always change to BEADG if you don't like the EADGC tuning..

3. WillBuckingham

WillBuckingham

Mar 30, 2005
    Don't think anyone makes a EADGC set. Pick up a four string set and a single C string. If you're wondering about gauges, you can check 6-string set gauges on manufacturers' websites for guidance on how to put your set together.

4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I use to order 5 single high strings at a clip... then just buy regular 4 string sets to match to them.

5. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001

I believe GHS does. :hyper:

6. Tired_Thumb

Tired_Thumb Guest

Fodera does. Soon I'll be restringing my bass .28-.100 with the Matt Garrison signature set.

7. buying a regular 4 string set + a single high C is cheaper than buying a normal BEADG prepackaged set, so have no fear of buying single strings!. check out www.juststrings.com , they have many many brands that offer single strings to be able to have an EADGC set. afa gauges, usually a 35, 32, or a 30 will work perfectly well! good luck!

8. full_bleed

full_bleed

May 27, 2005
    Arizona
    Thanks for all the posts guys. I wasn't expecting this many replies