50 is the new 30 for deluded women

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DaftCat, Jun 6, 2005.

1. DaftCat

Jul 26, 2004
    Medicine Hat
    I wanted to post in the humour thread, but it is off topic for sure.

Anyway, this article is pretty full of ... to me but notice the caption underneath Cybill's picture.

The 60 year old librarian Betty Sampson said, "Theoretically, I could date Tom Cruise or Brad Pitt who are both in their early 40's. Aside from my swollen ankles, I feel just like a little girl!"

In her wildest wettest dreams!

Don't forget kids, Oprah doesn't lie!

No this isn't a sexist post, I just have a ruthless sense of humour.

2. fr0me0

Dec 7, 2004
    Winnipeg Canada
    I'd do the bowflex grandma and she's in her 50's.
  3. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Are you kidding? I could rattle off a long list of 50-year-old women that are totally hot. But then again, society has a very strange set of norms in that regard. And biology has something to do with it too. In the mid-40's myself, I find an increasing number of young ladies being attracted, and I haven't changed all that much (except for maybe a few white hairs). For men, wrinkles are cool, the old whisky-throat thing conveys a sense of "maturity". Women, have a much higher standard to live up to (society-wise), as they get older. Personally I like older women. They're more appreciative of the "real" things in life, generally speaking. Just my personal opinion and experience, of course. I happen to be happily engaged in a wonderful relationship, so I'm not "out looking". But I'll tell you what, I go to plenty of jam sessions around town, and if I weren't committed I wouldn't hesitate to engage an older woman. They can bring a lot to the table. And to be perfectly honest, part of that equation probably has to do with my location, I'm on the hairy edge of the San Fernando Valley, which has been immortalized in Frank Zappa songs and the like. When we travel, we find people to be very different, than they might sometimes be in this particular neck o' the woods. :)
  4. So that's where that damned Sasquatch lives.

5. Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    The article is obviously a joke, but I do agree with its underlying sentiments (that older women are not attractive). People like Oprah do these things to make money. It's no more complicated than that.
  6. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
  7. Yeah, and any guys that said they found Britney or Paris sexier than their wife got run over by the free car in a freak accident after the show.

Personally, I only look at other younger women to verify myself that my wife is indeed the best looking woman in the world.

Sincerity is key. If you can fake that, you've got it made.
  8. 10 year ago I woulda done Cher, she was like 143 then right?
  9. Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    10 years ago you were 6.
  10. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I've known more than a few hot women in their 50's and even '60s... they're usually lots o' fun.
  11. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    Same here, and I'm sure if Cybil saw the wonderfull image they managed to get of her for the article we'd REALLY get to see her fun loving side.
  12. bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    For the most part, I'm attracted to girls in my age range (I'm 24). However, we've all seen those "mom's" that were pretty smoking. I think the idea that "All women in their 50's are hot" is rediculous, but there are some out there that gravity and time have been very kind to.
  13. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Bassturtle, you really need to get that avatar going.

Why don't you put a pic of a hot older woman on there? :D
  14. Finger Blister

Finger Blister

Jul 8, 2003
    Nothin' sadder then Grandma acting like a whore.
  15. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Whatever, let people feel good about themselves, you don't have to date them if they ask you.
  16. keb

Mar 30, 2004
    Older women = :D

17. Well, I meant I would do the cher from 10 years ago. Not me being a six year old doing cher.
  18. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Anyone remember Phyllis Diller?

19. Yay!! You are 50 years old, but you haven't mentally matured past the age of 19 and are still concerned with all that superficial bull***. But you look great.

Not that it has any bearing on my point in this post, but I'd still like to mention how much I hate Oprah. One day she is talking about starving children in Africa, and the next day she is discussing what celebrities eat for breakfast, followed by a show teaching women how to be strippers (to improve their self image :rolleyes: ).