1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

50% off Hummers?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by AmazingGracePlayer, Mar 18, 2009.

1. I keep on hearing these rumors that GM is selling all Hummers at 50% original price. I also vaguely remember skimming through something along this line in the Wall Street Journal. Is this true? Would now be a good time to buy a Hummer?

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I was offered a really good deal on a hummer just last night on my way home. I think the economy has hit all industries!

3. invisiman

invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    Saskatchewan
    I can't attest to whether this is true or not, but it wouldn't surprise me. They've had the misfortune of being hit twice in a row now because of economic issues.

4. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    There is never good time to buy hummer, unless it's an HMMWV.

H2 and h3 can suck it.

5. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I'd buy a hummer if it came with a complimentary handjob and half off a hummer from a five dollar whore.

6. It's probably not a good time to buy a Hummer since GM is likely going to drop the brand entirely.

7. Alcyon

Alcyon

Jan 15, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    I'd only buy one if it came with the .50 cal and army diesel. And free gas forever.

8. David1234

David1234

Jun 1, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Endorsing Artist: SWR Amplifiers
    In Australia last week the SBS channel replayed the Top Gear episode where they reviewed the H1 and H2. Classic!

The reviews are available on youtube and their web site gives the H3 6 points out of 20 for "Cool" and for handling. <Chuckle>

9. Right over the head.

10. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I heard the same thing. Will it be dropped out of existence, or is someone else going to keep making them?

-Mike

11. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

The brand has been unprofitable for a few years now. I don't see anybody buying it up.

12. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    I'm with this guy. No reason at all to purchase a hummer (unless you're into that aesthetic and are ok with 0 gas mileage and having everyone around you look at you in mild disgust). The fact that the brand is sinking is just icing on the cake.

13. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    AW DOOD! Now what are all the old IROC guys gonna buy to compensate for their "manhoods"?

Seriously tho, I never understood the appeal of that brand...unless you were an aging gym teacher or liked to wear camo all the time...:meh:

14. mkrtu9

mkrtu9

Mar 2, 2006
    Tuscola
    I liked the first ones, but after that I thought they were just another gas guzzling over sized suv

15. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Subtle. Very well done sir. :D

16. The last I heard, a couple of months ago, a Chinese firm was tinkering with the idea of purchasing the brand. The same Chinese company is also considering buying Buick from GM.

17. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Ah, remember the good old days when a thread like this would have people jumping in left, right and centre to defend their Hummer / SUV etc etc as an appropriate, safe way to travel and the gas millage be damned. Man, when did we all become a bunch of commie, pinky, tree hugging, leftist, pc softies? :D

18. My late fiance had an H2, and I dare say that had she been driving it the day she died rather than the Z-28, she'd probably still be with us. A guy t-boned her in the driver's side after running a red light talking on his cell phone.

Personally, I would not have bought one for myself (not an SUV type) but she loved it.

19. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Wow...Chinese Hummers? I wonder how small they will make them. Probably like a four wheel drive Mini Cooper.

:D

-Mike

20. excane

excane Banned

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    Well I just arrived about 15 hours too late to use any good hummer jokes :meh: