Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

$50 SX?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Quadzilla, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

2. Glenn D.

Glenn D.

Aug 20, 2002
    Fort Collins, CO
    It isn't the cost of manufacturing, it's the cost of quality control that concerns me. And did you check out the shipping cost of this auction?

Glenn D.

3. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Geez, he can't be making any money on them even if they are cheap! The headstock is quite Hotwire-ish!

4. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Well I'm certainly not buying one, I was just curious. It does come with a gig bag, strap and cord though. I obviously can't speak to quality control, etc, I have no idea about these.

I already have an SX that I bought used (played 1 hour) off of a fellow TBer just to use as a project bass (I'm replacing the pickups, bridge, pickup guards, strap buttons with schallers, wiring, pots, etc).

5. HiFi

HiFi

Apr 20, 2002
    Anaheim, CA
    The seller is located in my city.... :eyebrow:

I actually inquired about picking up (just to buy one and see what it was about). The seller told me that I would still need to pay somewhere around $90 :meh: if I wanted to pick it up. Don't remember the exact price but it's been a few months so I forgot.

I figured I would just get an SX when I was ready. :)

6. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    He's selling them for $50 + shipping but if you wanted to pick one up you'd pay $90? Sounds like the shipping is cheap in reality and he's making up for the low price through the higher shipping costs.

7. HiFi

HiFi

Apr 20, 2002
    Anaheim, CA
    That's what I figured.

8. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Exactly. Like those $0.01 acoustic guitars that cost $49.99 to ship. More like $30 guitar plus $20 shipping right?

I wouldn't but it soley based on the fact that he calls it a P-bass style then calls it a jazz bass later in the auction.