Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

500 bucks and none the richer

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Billyjoe3969, Mar 22, 2003.

1. Billyjoe3969

Billyjoe3969

Nov 4, 2002
    i did it i have saved up money for about a year now and i have about 500 bucks for a new bass, i an kinda stuck on which one to get any sugestios...oh yea i play led zeppelin and some punk songs like blink greenday rancid any help will be apperacited( i suck at spelling, so dont correct me)thx

2. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    You can't go wrong with a Fender Jazz, especially for punk. Some people would say P-bass, but I see the Jazz Bass as more versatile. But thats just my two cents.

~Patrick

3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Let me help.

I did it! I have saved up money for about a year now, and I have about 500 bucks for a new bass. I am kind of stuck on which one to get. Any suggestions? Oh yeah, I play Led Zeppelin and some punk songs by bands like Blink, Green Day and Rancid. Any help will be appreciated. I suck at spelling, so don't correct me. Thanks.

Now I feel much better. Don't you?

4. Get a Spector. They can be had used for around $500 and the new ones aren't that much more than that. IMHO they are the best basses for the money out there. They blow MIM Fenders away, and I prefer my Rex to almost all of the more expensive basses I have played.

5. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    I know I do.

6. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    I think I agree with this statment....well....just a LITTLE ;) But if you are low on cash, Or need to buy an amp with that money, check out "Essex" basses....but Spector first.......