500 bucks and none the richer

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Billyjoe3969, Mar 22, 2003.

1. Billyjoe3969

Billyjoe3969

Nov 4, 2002
    i did it i have saved up money for about a year now and i have about 500 bucks for a new bass, i an kinda stuck on which one to get any sugestios...oh yea i play led zeppelin and some punk songs like blink greenday rancid any help will be apperacited( i suck at spelling, so dont correct me)thx

2. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    You can't go wrong with a Fender Jazz, especially for punk. Some people would say P-bass, but I see the Jazz Bass as more versatile. But thats just my two cents.

~Patrick

3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Let me help.

I did it! I have saved up money for about a year now, and I have about 500 bucks for a new bass. I am kind of stuck on which one to get. Any suggestions? Oh yeah, I play Led Zeppelin and some punk songs by bands like Blink, Green Day and Rancid. Any help will be appreciated. I suck at spelling, so don't correct me. Thanks.

Now I feel much better. Don't you?

4. Get a Spector. They can be had used for around $500 and the new ones aren't that much more than that. IMHO they are the best basses for the money out there. They blow MIM Fenders away, and I prefer my Rex to almost all of the more expensive basses I have played.

5. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    I know I do.

6. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    I think I agree with this statment....well....just a LITTLE ;) But if you are low on cash, Or need to buy an amp with that money, check out "Essex" basses....but Spector first.......