Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

$500 combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by steve2, May 9, 2002.

1. steve2

steve2

Sep 23, 2001
    Piney Flats, TN
    I curently have a 65 watt Laney which is a fair amp. I defiently want more power but I want a quality sound. I really would like more trhan 100 watts and the only other features that i want is a DI to a board a speaker extension would be nice but not a must. I have looked at a few but there are several brands that are not sold in my area such as Ampeg. Here is a list of some of the combo's that I have been looking or thinking about. I play Bass in my church along with The Blues. I have a MIM Fender Jazz bass with custom shop pups. Here is the list so far. Ampeg B100R, SWR workman 12, Hartke 1410, Tubeworks (I forgot the model) but it is 130 watt, Fender Bassman 100, Any suggestion thanks. I will also do some searchs on past entry's. I may be able to go a little higher but for now that is my price range. Thanks

Steve

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I think some of the Nemisis Combo's fall under 500, which have the desired features, and are the the Squire to Eden's Fender...I've played a few, and the Nemisi sound just fine!

3. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    the genz benz combo's sound nice