1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

500 hits of acid?!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Fishheadjoe, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Here's the story...
    I answered an ad on the local Craigs list, a band seeking a bass player. I spoke with the singer and although they are about 10 years older than me (I'm pushin 50!), we seemed to hit it off.
    We agreed on what songs I would learn and we set up a meeting. We played for about 2 hours after which they formally invited me to join their band.
    I noticed that the singer always have a music stand in front of him, with lyrics and chords for each song written down. (he only sings) After a few "rehearsals", with no real progress happening, I began to ask these guys about their back ground. Well, it turns out that they have been playing together for the better part of 6 years and still playing the same songs, pretty badly! Ouch! So I asked the singer, "if you have been playing "Jumpin Jack Flash for 6 years, why do you still need to have the lyrics written down on stage?
    Your gonna love this... well Joe, in my youth, I kinda abused myself, a bit. My memory isn't what it used to be and to be honest, I think that the 500 odd hits of acid I popped have affected my ability to retain information".
    I left the band three days later! I don't really know if the singer realizes it yet!LMAO
    Fishheadjoe

2. sleepytime

sleepytime

Nov 10, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Nothing's funnier than the misfortune of others. As in:

My dad was a little overweight and died of a heart attack! LMAO

or

My girlfriend died in an auto accident. She wasn't wearing a seatbelt! LMAO

3. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    But you gotta admit those examples would be a lot funnier if the dad and the girlfriend had popped hundreds of tabs of acid first.

4. hey... if lesh and gordon can do it....

5. And your response, Sleepytime, relates to this thread how?
    Fishheadjoe

6. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Banned Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Acid *does* make everything more amusing.

No, wait... that's 'shrooms...

No, wait...

7. guroove

guroove

Oct 13, 2009
    Buffalo, NY
    500 hits of acid for someone in their 60s is nothing. I used to dose before going to school in the morning when I was a kid. I'm only 34 and I've probably done it almost as many times. There's nothing like trying to avoid falling into the flowing liquid floors of your school building to keep you awake through a boring school day. I'm probably just as normal as the next paranoid schizophrenic. My psychiatrist and the guy who tries to poison my coffee every day seem to agree.

8. N.F.A.

N.F.A.

Jun 25, 2009
    In a blue funk
    I have a similar experience. Answered a CL ad for a rockabilly band. Showed up at the place and the guy's house had been home invaded the night before because his son sells drugs out of the house. The guys were total burnouts, hadn't played in years, didn't have equipment, etc. Had to pick up and drive the drummer home because he doesn't have a license or car. (In his fifties..)

9. Thanks for the laugh guroove. Might I suggest that you begin writing out charts now, as apparently you may need them, down the road!
    Fishheadjoe

10. Hahaha!! I love it! Here's another one...

A man walks into a bar. He's an alcoholic, and it destroys his family!

11. John Lennon freely admitted to eating thousands of those things

12. sleepytime

sleepytime

Nov 10, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    LMAO

13. I guess I don't mind admitting that when I was a bit younger, I did at least that much LSD. Not to mention the mescalin, opiates and various other recreational substances. Now, I have no problem remembering my parts and vocals for more than one band, and parts and/or vocals for hundreds of other songs. I even remember my social security number. But, I am still pretty young... Maybe he's just using drugs as an excuse for his senility.

... Or maybe the DMT just made me super-human.:D

14. Thats reallly funny!!!!!

15. guroove

guroove

Oct 13, 2009
    Buffalo, NY
    For those of you reading this thread who have tried to poison my coffee, I'm on to you.:ninja: :bag: :spit: :confused: :atoz:

16. sleepytime

sleepytime

Nov 10, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Relax, nobody is trying to poison your coffee.

Or am I just trying to distract you? :ninja:

17. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I've known three heavy (I mean really heavy) dosers, and they all had some pretty difficult times dealing with life down the road. One is an internet DJ who lives on disability checks. One is an artist and unemployed coder who has been in various types of rehab and 12-step for a couple decades now. And one I haven't heard from ever since he fled the state after committing a serious hate crime.

18. Lurker79

Lurker79

Jul 3, 2008
    Hayward, CA
    Some crazy creeper found my address through the internets and cut my mom's head off and put it in the mailbox. I found it after school today!

LMFAO

19. sleepytime

sleepytime

Nov 10, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    LMAO

I'll bet she was wishing she had worked harder in that park district self-defense class!

ROFL

20. guroove

guroove

Oct 13, 2009
    Buffalo, NY
    Whoah, you can get disability for that? Score! Where can I sign up?