Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

500 watt head with 215 cab $400

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Infamous Bax, Apr 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Infamous Bax

Infamous Bax

Apr 14, 2002
    Orlando, Fl
    Peavey Mark III amp head and cab. I need to sell this amp. I don't use it and it's taking up space. It's a great amp but I received a new amp as a gift and I don't need the Peavey anymore. $400.

2. dorkrockbass

dorkrockbass

May 6, 2002
    condition?

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

The Mark III is not 500 watts.

4. Infamous Bax

Infamous Bax

Apr 14, 2002
    Orlando, Fl
    I have already sold the stack.

Second, on the back of the head it says in easy to read writing 500 watts. What that means, I don't care. All I know is it says 500 watts.

Third, and most importantly, no one asked you!

5. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    500 watts is most likely the input power (how much juice the amp sucks up) while the output should be around 175-200 watts. What do you mean by "nobody asked you?" He was just correcting a false advertisement. It was a service to any talk bassist interested in buying that amp.

6. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    If you're going to be rude, You can advertise your gear elsewhere.:rolleyes:

Buyers/ Classified Forum readers: Please make a note of any signs of uncivility toward other members. You might want to take such people off your list of people whose stuff you'd consider buying.

Bax, you might want to tone down before you get infamous de facto:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.