1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

50th Anniversary Jazz Deluxe V fretless - just curious what people know about them

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dave64o, Mar 23, 2009.

1. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    I have a 60th Anniversary Jazz Deluxe V Fretless that I bought used a while ago. It had a bad midrange pot when I got it which I finally got that replaced and when I picked it up the luthier was showing me somethings he noticed while he was working on it (may need to shim the neck to be able to properly intonate it in the future, looks like it may have been defretted rather than factory original, it was impossible to get an original Fender pot so he used a generic one for the repair, etc.).

That got me curious about it so I did some poking around trying to find out whether or not it was available as a fretless, what pickups it had in it (were these the Suhr's?), etc. Unfortunately I couldn't find much about it.

Anyone know anything about these? If it was a "normal" Jazz Deluxe V I'd be less interested, but since this is a Anniversary model, I'd like to find out what I can about it to see if it's original and therefore still a full-fledged Anniversary model. If it's not, then I guess the cachet of the special model is gone and I can do anything I like to it now or in the future without worrying about any additional value it might have as a special model.

Thanks.