50th Anniversary P Bass (1996)?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ThuzzleFump, Sep 20, 2016.

1. ThuzzleFump

ThuzzleFump All your bass...

Nov 15, 2015
    California
    Hi folks, does anyone know much about this model? I just picked one up, and it is a really nice P, but there is very little about the model on the interwebs. Do any of you know, for example, where it was made, body wood (not the maple top and back--I assume the core is different), pickup, etc?

It's super nice and I am simply interested in learning something more about it. I know the basics (US Made commemorative edition) and what you can tell by looking.

It's funny. This model seems to have kind of vanished into history.

More pics in this post if you want to see 'em. Thanks!

NBD (Fender Content, Gold Hardware Content

Ghastly likes this.
  2. "Highly figured maple veneer tops and backs" and "vintage pickups and electronics" along with gold-plated hardware and orange plush-lined tolex cases were features of this model, according to "The Fender Bass: An Illustrated History." It was made in Corona, Calif.

ThuzzleFump likes this.
  3. I would assume the core is alder like the American Standard P-basses of the time. Probably also has the graphite reinforced neck.

ThuzzleFump likes this.
  4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 31, 2021