1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

54% Off Of Ibanez Grooveline Basses at Sweetwater

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by HubbardsFate, Mar 29, 2015.

Tags:
  1. HubbardsFate

HubbardsFate Supporting Member

Oct 18, 2006
    For anyone who's into 'em. Not my cup of tea personally, but they currently (9:15 AM PST, March 29, 2015) have two 4-strings and a 5-string in stock for $1398.00 (down from $3066.65.)

Yogi Bear likes this.
  2. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear

Aug 14, 2000
    Colorado
    Yep, I grabbed one. Ridiculously comfortable and great sounding instruments, when I had the opportunity to play one once. Definitely take some getting used to from a visual perspective but they've grown on me. :)

3. HubbardsFate

Oct 18, 2006
    Did you get one from the 'Water at that price? Crazy deal if you did!

Now if only they'd put the Ibanez BTB SCS686 "Terra Firma" and/or BTB776PB models on sale for 54% off...I'd likely buy one of each...

Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
    BioWeapon likes this.
  4. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear

Aug 14, 2000
    Colorado
    Yep, I got one at the discounted price. Too good a deal to pass up.

5. HubbardsFate

Oct 18, 2006
    I'd actually consider one if (A) they came with fretboard markers, (B) they came with maple fretboards, and (C) they made a 6-string version. The necks on both the 4 and 5 look really skinny...I have big hands...probably wouldn't work for me...congrats on the purchase! :):bassist::hyper:

6. HubbardsFate

Oct 18, 2006
    Well look at that...alas, still doesn't have a maple board, or inlays...:rollno::bored::dead:

7. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

They are weird looking to me (says the guy with the BTB686 Singlecut).... :D

8. Ooooooh yeah! That would be great!

9. Thomas Kievit

Thomas Kievit Guest

May 19, 2012
    Probaly demo's?

10. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear

Aug 14, 2000
    Colorado
    New stock... Apparently Ibanez is discontinuing the Grooveline series. Partly due to the introduction of new series, but mostly due to lack of interest. Visually it does take some getting used to.

Thomas Kievit likes this.
  11. Thomas Kievit

Thomas Kievit Guest

May 19, 2012
    That was my second thought, since many GC already stopped selling them.

12. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I wish I had the spare change. They sound great and are super comfortable.

13. kosma

kosma

Mar 26, 2012
    Poland
    Here is some slap&harmonics patern with my favourite bass- Ibanez Grooveline G105

14. T.Rex

T.Rex

Sep 19, 2015
    Canada
    I actually bought a 5 string groveline bass at a small music store that is not well known and only paid $1100 for it brand new with the case