Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

55-01 and Bob Glaub Skyline

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Wrigley, Jun 7, 2002.

1. Wrigley

Wrigley

May 26, 2002
    Just wondering about the differences between the two - outside of the obvious 4 srting vs 5 string.
    Are the necks and the feel very different? What are your thoughts on these? I have a 55-01 on order from the guys at Bass Central (awesome guys to deal with). I wasn't aware that there was a Bob Glaub and Joe Osborn Skyline available as well. I think I'm sticking with the 55-01 I ordered (I can't wait), but the Glaub Skyline has me thinking a bit.
    Thanks for any input.

Wrigley

2. RJS

RJS

May 12, 2002
    Anybody been lucky enough to play or see one of these Skyline Glaubs or Osborne's?

Wrigley

3. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Have to state the obvious: well the BG is a P-bass . . . whereas the 55-01 has the Lakland body design and two soapbars. . .I don't know about neck differences but those first two are pretty major in my book.

4. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    I've done a TON of jabbering about these basses here at TB. Do a search under the topic or my "name"...JPJ, and you should be able to pull up about a dozen threads that will answer all of your question in "head-spinning" detail! :)