1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

56 P-Bass $2500??? Just posting

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by Honk'n_down-low, Jul 19, 2008.

1. M5Yates

M5Yates

Feb 7, 2005
    Austin, TX
  2. GDCX

GDCX Supporting Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Westchester County, NY
    This another version of the "Nigerian Money Order scam".

They put up pics of a real vintage instrument at a stupid price..and when you ask to come see it they start the same old bs "I am out of the country on business but you can send payment to...."

I have seen another recent post like this with a CAR '65 Strat for $4500

:spit:

3. allexcosta

allexcosta

Apr 7, 2004
    I see dozens of these every day. It gets deleted very quickly.

4. allexcosta

allexcosta

Apr 7, 2004
    Just for our amusement, here's the "copy and paste" reply from john_tuckerx1@juno.com , also known as Mr. Scammer... Enjoy...

Hello there,
    Thank you for your email.I'm an US Air Force Lieutenant currently stationed in North Dakota at a military base.Back in 1957 my late father-in-law purchased this guitar brand new, in hopes of becoming a great guitar player. However, after a few lessons, he realized it was not going to be his thing, so he put the guitar away in it's case for safe keeping. He kept this guitar over the years, and it was rarely ever taken out. Therefore it remains in like-new condition. My father-in-law recently passed away so i am selling it cause i will be sent back to Iraq and i don't want it be lost in my house.It will be shipped directly to your address.
    The asking price is $2500US, shipping included. You will receive it in
    2-3 working days at your home address. The payment is fully refundable. If for any reason you do not accept the unit or if it has scratches, hidden defects, or it is not as
    advertised I will even pay for the shipping back to my location if you
    reject it but i'm sure that it won't happen cause it works and
    looks perfectly.
    I believe it's a large transaction and would like to conduct the deal using an authorized third party as eBay using their Purchase Protection Program , so that should eliminate any trust issues.ONLY AFTER you receive the guitar and you inspect it, eBay will release the payment to me, in this way we are both protected.
    If you are a serious buyer and still interested in this guitar please reply with your full name and shipping address so we get the ball rolling. I will forward your details to ebay and they will notify you regarding our deal.
    Thank you,
    If you need more pics just ask.
    Thanks.

5. *Truman Capote voice on*
    Use your G*****n pronouns!
    Name that reference, if you think you can.:ninja:

6. xampworshipx

xampworshipx

Jul 13, 2008
    so how does he get money out of people then? If he puts it on ebay that's actually true, buyers are protected...

7. allexcosta

allexcosta

Apr 7, 2004
    This is not your typical ebay. He will make a escrow website and pretend that it's from ebay. Then your money is gone... This has been around for several years now...

8. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    saw this also and got the same email response........

9. "Murder by Death." One of the best comic mysteries ever. :cool:

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021