'57 Fender P-bass Value

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by redhotdaddy, Aug 19, 2004.

1. redhotdaddy

Aug 19, 2004
    I have an all-original '57 Fender Precision, with the maple neck and chrome covers. Does anyone have a clue what it's worth today? It's in great shape and sounds lovely...

2. maybe $100 or so. do you accept paypal?

Mr Gearhead site says you can call their Consumer Relations Dept (480-596-7195)and they'll refer you to a local shop to value it.
  3. HI!

The logical answer is it is worth the most someone is willing to pay for it...the CURRENT market Demand, depending on the condition, whether it is original, and more importantly whether it can be VALIDATED as ALL original will determine the ACTUAL market value. Currently, the market value on what you seem to have is approximately $6,500 to $8,500 on the low side in the States and it goes up depending on how bad the buyer may want it. On the High side for an exceptional instrument the market is $8,500 to $15,000 for a cream puff to a discriminating collector in the US. If you get international representation and can get it into an auction of some stature with European or especially Asian buyers the proverbial sky is the limit. I saw a 62' Jazz in just Good condition go to a Chinese buyer at a sale in LA for $38,000 a few years back. I currently have a 62' that is in better shape and I have thought about calling the auction house more than once when I got a serious case of GAS over an especially expensive Item!! (I don't think I could bare to sell her though no matter what the price!)

Don't Give it Away!!

4. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    Hi, redhotdaddy! First of all, don't listen to driver800. There are a lot of sinister people lurking in cyberspace just waiting to rip off nice people like you. That bass is easily worth $250. I'd be willing to send you a cashier's check for $300! By the way, can you PM me with your address and what times you are out of the house? Oh yeah, make sure to let me know whether or not you own a pitbull, Rottweiller, Doberman, etc.
    tommixx, if you can PM me with the same info, I'd appreciate it as well. Thanks, guys! :D