1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

57 or 62?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by EighthNotes, Oct 2, 2009.

1. EighthNotes

EighthNotes

Feb 12, 2007
    Hey dudes! I am thinking about putting a P pup in my Jag. At first I was gonna put a Quarter Pounder in, but I have one in my P and it's a little too fuzzy and undefined for my liking. So I want to go with a vintage Fender pup. I like a gritty, trebly tone but with a full bottom as well with good punch. Which would be more suitable a 57 or 62 P pup? Are they very different?

2. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    don't think fender sells P pickups in a '57 or '62 reissue anymore... just what is called the 'original p bass pickup'. I like the sound they have and they are reasonable value for money (out here in australia anyway).
    '57 style pickups have a raised A polepiece which i don't like very much and i wouldn't want to have...

3. EighthNotes

EighthNotes

Feb 12, 2007
    Are they anything like the ones used in the reissues?? I don't really know if those pickups differ from each other or are specific to those instruments.