1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

57 reissue p bass problems

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TheBull, Feb 19, 2008.

1. TheBull

TheBull

Apr 17, 2007
    hi, i am currently building a 57 reissue p bass from the stratosphere on ebay. i have won everything but the proper tuners. the tuners i won from him did not fit the 57 neck i won from him. i have since sent them back. does anyone know where i can find tuners that will fit a 57 reissue MIJ p bass? i measured the holes but im not sure if i did it properly. this is my first bass build and i want to get it right. if any one has any help at all it would be greatly appreciated. thank you

2. TheBull

TheBull

Apr 17, 2007
    eh?

3. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    This is kind of a tough one. I had a similar problem, but lucked out that the tuners in my old neck fit. Problem was, no one knew if they would fit or not, so I didn't know in advance what I was facing.

Do you have ferrules to fit?

If you do, then you can figure out the inside diameter and shaft length of the tuners you need. I'd then try All Parts. :cool:

4. Mazinger

Mazinger Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2002
    USA
    You really want the reissue tuners?
    If they're anything like the US reissues the tuners are junk.
    You can probably find some "newer" and smoother ones for less money.

5. mikeswals

mikeswals Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    Hmmm. the US reissue tuners have been working fine on my '84 62RI bass, they're not junk.

Thebull,
    You haven't given us anything to go by. Simply telling us "they won't fit" doesn't exactly say what it will take to get correct ones.

6. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    You might wanna consider Hipshot. Shoot them an email and ask if their keys will fit an MIJ neck.

7. air_leech

air_leech

Sep 1, 2000
    Israel