Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

'57 RI P - no show

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Rod B., Dec 8, 2002.

1. Rod B.

Rod B.

Jun 11, 2002
    Montana
    A ‘57 RI P was scheduled to be here Saturday. I thought it strange to be a Saturday delivery and called them Thursday to confirm. According to them, it was correct. They deliver Ground Tue.-Sat. I saw it left the city that is the state wheel at 9:11 Friday night. I’ve seen stuff leave there at 1:00AM and still make the delivery truck by 5:00AM. Saturday when I looked at the tracking, there was no arrival. I called at 11:00AM and was told the delivery was made right from the last place and that it should be delivered. I said weird, but believed him.

At 4:30PM still a no show. It hit me that I’d never received a FedEx Ground (Home Delivery) package without it being checked in locally before. So I called, they had no idea where it was. Maybe it was out for delivery, maybe it missed getting off the main truck. They put a trace on it and told me it could take up to 24 hrs.

Wrong again, or at least my misunderstanding. FedEx Ground (formerly RPS) delivers Tuesday through Saturday. Some stations are open on Monday so I may get info, but probably not until Tuesday. In his defense, he said the local terminal would call ASAP. If the ground division isn’t open until Tuesday, I guess that’s ASAP.

It’s anyone guess how long it will be before it’s actually delivered. Now I understand mistakes are made. Not getting it when scheduled is upsetting and depressing. But being blatantly lied to makes me furious. The first guy should have either known the routing info or stated he didn’t know, not make up some story. The tracking could have been started 5.5 hours earlier and maybe had results. I just called again to get info and the service rep told me they do not have route info!

I’ve had nothing but great service from FedEx Air. I’ve had major problems with both FedEx Ground and UPS. I guess that leaves the USPS to use. So far I’ve never had issue with them, but have never shipped anything heavier than about 15 lbs. with them I’ve received a few heavy items from them though, and always on time.

OK. rant mode off...