Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

'59 Bassman® LTD

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Atef, Jan 28, 2004.

1. anybody know anything about it?
    couldn't find a thing myself, maybe anyone's seen it at namm?
    [​IMG]

2. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    Its a reissue of the classic amp. From what Ive heard they were never very popular with bassists but guitarists used them a lot.

3. It is a very good GUITAR amp but with only about 40 watts and 4 light weight stamped frame 10's it is the last thing you'd want to use as a bass amp.

4. ostrzoskrzydly

ostrzoskrzydly

Jul 1, 2003
    What is the LTD thing about ? Are they any different ?
    They've been making those reissues for 10 years or so, and while great guitar amps they are unsuitable for bass, because they have guitar speakers, unlike the originals.

5. marklinca

marklinca

Nov 11, 2003
    So Cal
    I suspect the Limited is going to be a "true" recreation of the '59 Bassman, not the approximation that is known as the current reissue. I guess that would mean true point-to-point wiring, etc. like a boutique amp. I've heard people complain that the RI doesn't sound like a true '59 because it is modernized (in large part for reliability).

6. Guitar players have had it good for the past 15 years.
    There are a lot of "true" boutique point-to-point '59 Bassman recreations for the guitar players - I had one by BluesPearl for a while - and it was easily the best amp I had - but it was just too much for my living room. and I've had several great amps (although no Dumbles or TrainWrecks, or others like that) - I can name a dozen that are worth your while, depending on your tastes.

IMHO It is only recently that Bass Players are starting getting the good amp stuff too (although great stringed-instruments have been available for a while). God Bless the current wave - I think we're headed into a golden era.