Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

5string bass under 700 euro

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by neeltje, Jun 2, 2003.

1. neeltje

neeltje

Jun 1, 2003
    belgium
    hello guys, any of you got sugestions for me?
    I want to buy a 5-string but under 700 euro's. For the moment, i really like the ATK 305 second hand and ATK 405 (ibanez). It should be usable on many music styles, as i play from hard-rock over funk to drum'n'bass and jazz. Should be available in Europe. By the way, I don't dig cheap fenders, so don't give me those answers: the bass should last longtime and stand all kinds of mutilations (read: concerts, roadies,...)

PS: anyone actually tried the status groove bass? I know there were some forums before, but none had any realy experienced comments...

2. hujo

hujo

Apr 18, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I've tried the Status groove bass, and really liked it.. It was in a noisy store, so I didn't really got to hear everything it could do, but it sounded a bit fatter and smoother than a Stingray, if i recall correctly. The playability was really the bomb, for me.. I loved the neck, very shallow, with good fretwork. I own a Status Energy, which has the same neck, which I also feel is a very good buy, I got mine for around 700 euro..

Here's a pic of me with it:

[​IMG]

3. Matt R Miller

Matt R Miller

Apr 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    used lakland 55-02 would work