Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

6 bolt neck plate

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by slugworth, Feb 27, 2006.

1. slugworth

slugworth Banned

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.
    Anyone know where I can find a larger size (Musicman size)
    6 hole neck plate? I've checked the usual sources...

Thx

Slug

2. slugworth

slugworth Banned

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.
    Nobody? There's got a be a supplier somewhere...

3. Greenman

Greenman

Dec 17, 2005
    Ontario Canada
    How about fabbing one out of stainless. Polished up it looks like chrome, won't rust. or use countersunk washers? just an idea:hyper:

4. slugworth

slugworth Banned

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.
    That thought crossed my mine...Brass, stainless or even aluminum, but I'm lazy..

Slug

5. Slugworth:

Give me a detailed plan of what you want. I am a welder/fabricator and i can do that for you for FREE. The thing is i'm in canada (quebec).

I would need all the details: thickness, width, lenght, hole placement, hole sizes........ i can do it out of 304 stainless from 16 to 12 guage, maybe even 10. I'll pollish it eventually so it don't look like stainless counter tops. It'll be chrome-like and as greenman said, wont rust.

PM me

6. slugworth

slugworth Banned

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.
    >>>> You are too kind! I was able to make one out of 16ga. stainless today. Took a couple hours, but it came out real good.

Cheers,
    Slug

7. Good! Hope it suits your needs!
    16 guage is a little thin don't you think? But hey, six bolters don't need that much thickness

8. SouthPaw68

SouthPaw68

Sep 25, 2008
    :meh:

I too have look in all of the main venues, there seems to be no 6 bolt neck plates left on the planet.
    Of course, any information leading to the location of the hole that they are all buried in would be greatly appreciated.